Itemize is a FinTech data extraction engine used by companies to transform purchase documents, such as receipts and invoices, into data for their accounting and expense tracking needs. Recognized by Gartner as a top provider in the field, Itemize harnesses leading edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to drive processing efficiency for a range of leading clients in financial services, including credit cards, accounting software, and expense management.
Itemize operates a cloud-based processing service that involves both fully and partially automated systems for extraction, validation, and verification. The Itemize platform supports users in over 25 countries and numerous languages.
About The Role
The Production Operations Analyst will oversee the operational efficiency and accuracy of the Itemize core, including the achievement of SLAs for data processing accuracy and timeliness. The Production Operations Analyst will work with the data science team to generate meaningful business intelligence and continuously improve the Itemize core.
The Production Operations Analyst will report to the VP of Technology and will be responsible to:
- Perform the maintenance, cleansing, and normalization of data assets
- Conduct process efficiency/accuracy analysis
- Continuously measure platform accuracy and throughput, reporting numbers daily
- Test and validate machine learning model updates & deployments to the Itemize core using Python and Excel formulas
- Create and maintain Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards for weekly reporting
- Analyze and optimize SQL queries for BI dashboards, including statistical analysis calculations to determine outliers for review.
- Partner with Technology and Product to prioritize and complete improvements to the system
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- The ability to generate actionable business intelligence for senior management
- 2+ years’ experience with MySQL or other types of relational databases
- Experience working in a professional work environment
- Experience in financial services or financial supply chain businesses
- Enthusiasm for working in small companies with agile processes and fluid organizations
- Capability to plan, prioritize and manage projects and tasks simultaneously
- Quantitative thinker to analyze and improve data quality and integrity challenges