Itemize is a FinTech data extraction solution used by companies to transform purchase documents, such as receipts and invoices, into data for their accounting and expense tracking needs. Recognized by Gartner as a top provider in the field, Itemize harnesses leading edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to drive processing efficiency for a range of innovative clients in financial services, including credit card companies, accounting software providers, expense management companies, and accounts payable platforms providers.
Itemize operates a cloud-based processing service that involves both fully and partially automated systems for extraction, validation, and verification. The Itemize platform supports users in over 25 countries and numerous languages. Clients and partners include major payments networks and global ERP companies.
You are a skilled full-stack engineer eager to join a core development team at the heart of the Itemize IP. You are passionate about engineering scalable solutions and creating tools to gain insight from data. You are an insightful problem solver who is capable of owning the full development, delivery, and maintenance of product features. You are able to nimbly switch between assigned tasks and addressing production issues. You are able to build on broadly stated requirements and able to independently derive the intent of functions and features. You adhere to the team’s coding practices, provide feedback to improve those practices, and commit wholly when a decision is made. You enjoy working as part of a small team, with opportunities for independent work as well as a spirit of collaboration and mentorship.
You share the values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation with Itemize and its team members.
About The Role
The Full-Stack Engineer will work remotely and report to the Vice President of Application Development. Responsibilities will include:
- Writing highly scalable and fault-tolerant software
- Continuously improving software to eliminate bugs and points of failure
- Assisting with operational support to monitor and triage production issues
- Performing operational checks for the production environment before and after business hours
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing and working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration, and test-driven development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with relational database structures and SQL queries
- Fluency in writing efficient MySQL queries to save and retrieve data in the API layer